Things I enjoy in spite of living with CFS:
- blogging (erm, obviously)
- taking photos
- listening (friends, family, peace of my garden, music – in small doses)
- watching (clouds, people, trees blow in the breeze, my cat being a cat, good tv – in small doses)
- day dreaming
- chocolate – in small doses
- shopping (via the internet these days but I get to take my time and I get to shop at any hour of the day)
- having a cuddle
- my own company
Everything should have the caviat “in small doses”, “in moderation”.
Too much of anything is not good for me – my tolerance is lower than once it was. Many of my pleasures are simple, quiet and kind of unassuming compared to life back in that fast lane. But I’m happy.
I swell with pride that I am able to appreciate small details in life and gain such enjoyment from them. How happy am I that I can watch a tree sway in the breeze and feel joy from something so simple which costs me nothing.
I’m not necessarily saying I would rather get a tree than a tv … I’m not quite that enlightened. But that you know what? It’s ok to enjoy the little things.