Just back to my corner of the sofa after an ‘informal’ meeting out in the big world about me and my health.
It’s so peaceful and quiet – such a contrast to that big world and it’s bustle. So a good time to count my blessings:
- I can see and appreciate blue sky and fluffy clouds floating overhead
- I love my husband and he loves me
- My laptop lets me talk to you
- I have quietness
- I have thoughts in my brain
- I know myself
- I love myself
- I have creativity and imagination
- I have security and a home I love and lots of things
- I have family and friends who love me and trust me and are good to me
- I have freedom in my own world and my own mind
- I have potential, possibilities, dreams
There’s more. Much more. Blessings are also relative I think – I could list running water, heat, food, free medical care and so on.
It’s a list giving a flavour you see, only a snapshot – but good to share the joy of living. Happiness and phsyical health are don’t not necessarily have to be in step. I feel cruddy and lucky and calm.